Bloodborne Pathogens for the Healthcare Industry Online Training
Who Should Take This Course?
Bloodborne Pathogens for the Healthcare Industry is designed for healthcare workers who handle human blood, tissues, and other potentially infectious materials, or waste that may come in contact with these substances.
Bloodborne pathogens (BBP) are disease-causing microorganisms present in human blood, tissues, and organs. Three common BBP’s are human immunodeficiency virus (H IV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and hepatitis C virus (HCV). This course discusses how BBP come in contact with Healthcare workers and techniques to minimize contact. Also discussed are housekeeping issues and clean up related to wastes contaminated with potentially infectious material.
Upon completion of this online course, you will be able to:
- Describe blood borne pathogens and how they are transmitted
- Control your exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Apply appropriate procedures in the event of an exposure incident
Completion Instructions, Requirements, and Checklist
Assessment Quiz on completion of the module.
CEU’s, Duration, Prerequisites
Course Topics - Contact Us for a Detailed Outline
- Bloodborne Pathogens And Diseases
- Emergency Response
- Exposure Control
- Exposure Control Plan
- Sharps Exposure And Control
- Sterilization And Disinfection