Electrical Safety Training For Emergency Responders Online
Who Should Take This Course?
This online course is for Emergency Response Team (ERT) members who have already received general emergency response training and are certified in First Aid and CPR.
Electrical equipment and power lines may pose significant hazards to emergency responders. Responders must be able to recognize and control electrical hazards to avoid bodily injury before taking other emergency actions. Upon completion of Electrical Safety Training, Emergency Response Team members will be able to describe the fundamentals of electricity and its effect on the body, recognize electrical hazards to avoid becoming a victim, make informed decisions regarding the appropriate actions to take during an electrical emergency, and provide medical treatment for persons exposed to electricity.
Upon completion of Electrical Safety Training, you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of electricity and its effect on the body
- Recognize electrical hazards so you can avoid becoming a victim
- Make informed decisions regarding the appropriate actions to take during an electrical emergency
- Provide medical treatment for persons exposed to electricity
Completion Instructions, Requirements, and Checklist
Assessment Quiz on completion of the module.
CEU’s, Duration, Prerequisites
Course Topics - Contact Us for a Detailed Outline
- Effects Of Electricity On The Body
- Emergency Scenario
- Fires And Arcing
- Fundamentals Of Electricity
- Incident Command System
- Medical Emergencies
- Response Actions
- Scene Assessment