Fire Extinguisher Safety Training Online
Who Should Take This Course?
Employees selected by employer as a “designated person” to take action in the event of a workplace fire.
The Fire Extinguisher Safety Training covers fire, and when and how to use fire extinguishers. Details include the elements of fire (the “fire triangle”) and its stages to better understand fire prevention. Should a fire occur, this course describes the types of fire, which should determines the type of fire extinguisher to select and use. After taking this course, you should have a good idea of how to operate an extinguisher, and your company’s policy on what to do before, during and after a fire emergency.
After taking this online course, the student will:
- Be familiar with the general principles of fire extinguisher use,
- Understand hazards involved in fighting incipient-stage fires,
- Understand company policy regarding fire extinguishers, and
- List steps of expected role in an emergency.
Completion Instructions, Requirements, and Checklist
Assessment Quiz on completion of the module.
CEU’s, Duration, Prerequisites
Course Topics - Contact Us for a Detailed Outline
- Anatomy Of A Fire Extinguisher
- Causes Of A Fire
- Fire Prevention
- Safe Operation Of A Fire Extinguisher
- Types Of Fire Extinguishers