Laser Safety Training Online
Who Should Take This Course?
Laser Safety Training Online is intended for employees that work with lasers, or with equipment containing lasers, or work in areas where lasers are used.
With the advent of a wider variety of more powerful lasers integrated into many areas of modern life, the issues involving laser safety are of even greater importance. People working with lasers, or with equipment containing lasers, need to understand the hazards associated with laser light, and know what precautions are in place to control these hazards. After taking this online course, laser operators, and those working with equipment containing lasers, will be able to identify the nature and hazards of laser radiation, describe safety issues associated with the use of lasers in industrial and research environments, become familiar with standards and guidelines in order to control laser hazards, and identify and follow exposure controls and emergency procedures.
In Laser Safety Training Online, students will:
- Identify the nature and hazards of laser radiation
- Describe safety issues associated with the use of lasers in industrial and research environments
- Become familiar with standards and guidelines in order to control laser hazards
- Identify and follow exposure controls and emergency procedures
Completion Instructions, Requirements, and Checklist
Assessment Quiz on completion of the module.
CEU’s, Duration, Prerequisites
Course Topics - Contact Us for a Detailed Outline
- Characteristics Of Laser Light
- Classification Of Lasers
- Electromagnetic Radiation
- Exposure Controls
- Guidelines And Standards
- Laser Components
- Laser Hazards
- Laser Safety Program
- Types Of Lasers