Medical Emergency Response in Industrial Environments Online Course
Who Should Take This Course?
Trained Medical Emergency Response Personnel
Medical Emergency Response in Industrial Environments provides medical emergency response team (MERT) personnel with detailed information on how to respond to medical emergencies in the workplace. The course is designed by Compliance Solutions to provide the learner with key information on the initial medical response skills necessary to evaluate and stabilize the patient prior to arrival of local EMS. Most often, this will only cover the first 15 minutes of the medical emergency, with EMS then arriving to take over patient management and transport. However, the first 15 minutes can be critical.
In this online course, you will be able to:
- Control an accident scene while preventing further injury to rescuer or patient
- Conduct initial and secondary assessment of patients
- Give proper care for common injuries and illnesses
Completion Instructions, Requirements, and Checklist
Assessment Quiz on completion of the module.
CEU’s, Duration, Prerequisites
The course is divided into 10 units:
- Unit 1: Scene Management
- Unit 2: The ABCs
- Unit 3: Management of Shock
- Unit 4: Secondary Survey
- Unit 5: Industrial Illnesses: Heat & Cold
- Unit 6: Industrial Injuries: Burns
- Unit 7: Industrial Injuries: Chemical Exposure
- Unit 8: Cardiac Illnesses
- Unit 9: Other Industrial Illnesses
- Unit 10: Summary & Conclusion
Throughout Medical Emergency Response in Industrial Environments you will be asked to participate in a variety of interactive exercises. Each exercise tests your knowledge on the course content. In addition, you will find links to additional information or resources that support the content presented.
Course Topics - Contact Us for a Detailed Outline
- The Abc’s
- Industrial Injuries: Burns
- Industrial Injuries: Chemical Exposure
- Industrial Illnesses: Cardiopulmonary Diseases
- Industrial Illnesses: Heat & Cold
- Management Of Shock
- Other Industrial Illnesses
- Scene Management
- Secondary Survey